http://donnaerickson.com/?p=889?shared=email I'm so happy after such a long struggle to be living my true self. Welcome to the world Caitlyn. Can't wait for you to get to know her/me.
— Caitlyn Jenner (@Caitlyn_Jenner) June 1, 2015
1 million followers in less than 4 hours? Now that’s how you break the internet, Kim Kardashian.
Caitlyn Jenner has arrived in style; Annie Leibovitz photographed, Vanity Fair front cover style, no less. Anyone who was gleefully awaiting the awkward stage of badly applied makeup and dodgy outfits, had their hopes dashed the second Caitlyn (with a C – soz, Kris) was pictured killing it in a Zac Posen dress.
While pretty much everyone seems to be in agreement that she looks freaking fabulous , there are of course a few bad eggs amongst us in this world. Mainly the straight CIS white males who feel the need to let their 567 followers know whether they would ‘bang’ or Caitlyn or not:
The next question is, who is going to be the weirdo to bang Caitlyn Jenner?
— Kainen Norman (@redwig21) June 2, 2015
I dunno Kainen, maybe the same ‘weridos’* that sometimes feel sorry for you at 4am in the club and give you a pity shag?
I’m no expert on trans issues – not even close to it. Sure, I’ve read a few articles by Paris Lees, and I think Germaine Greer is a bit of a dick (who doesn’t?), but that’s about it – nowhere near as up to speed with things as I should be. However, it doesn’t take an expert to form the following opinions and observations regarding the reaction to the introduction of Caitlyn Jenner:
- Whatever joke you have regarding Caitlyn’s journey, it’s rubbish. Honestly, trust me on this one – even The Lad Bible won’t want to steal it for their page. That Father’s Day gag you’ve got saved for the 21st? Especially shit. Let this one go, eh? I’m sure the world will be fine without a few of your ‘jokes’.
- The pictures are not ‘Bruce Jenner dressed as a woman’ – they are of Caitlyn Jenner, a woman.
- Correct pronouns are She and Her. If in doubt, or want to refer to past events in Caitlyn’s life, maybe They or Their. (Taken from Cosmo.)
- source “Caitlyn Jenner is fitter than me :(“ – I know this one isn’t said with malice, and nine times out of ten is from someone completely and utterly supportive, but come on guys, is it so surprising that a trans woman can be more attractive than you? To be honest, it’s not much of a shock to me that a woman with millions in the bank and access to some pretty good stylists and MUA’s, can scrub up better than me. Maybe focus on the fact she’s 65 and slaying better than you ever will?
- here “First Kim does a sex tape and now Bruce is becoming a woman – what else will this family do for publicity?” If you honestly think Caitlyn Jenner has gone through an emotionally, and physically, painful journey all for a few magazine covers then you are as thick as you believe the Kardashians to be.
- Lets remember to call Caitlyn by her choosen name – not what she used to go by. Sure, it can be hard to remember and get used to but guess what’s harder? Going through painful surgery and emotional turmoil to have people not even bother to call you the correct name.
- Seriously, you really don’t want to have anything in common with Eamonn Holmes, who made a dick of himself on This Morning today – do a bit of reading, get some empathy and don’t be a douche bag!
Some great articles I’ve read since the Vanity Fair cover was released:
*But anyone sleeping with Caitlyn Jenner wouldn’t be a weirdo – they just wouldn’t be transphobic knobheads.
See also: Many, Many Suggestions for Room 101